Hard to believe that Fall is here already. But that means that it’s time to get things ready for our annual quilt retreat at Watson Homestead. Luckily Monday was our monthly sew-in at the Marcellus Library. The perfect opportunity to do some fussy cutting for a baby quilt that I plan on making at Watson.
I’ve decided to take 5 projects with me. There’s no way I’ll be able to finish them – but it would be disastrous if I didn’t have a variety to choose from.
- Project 1 – fussy cut baby quilt
- Project 2 – pieced blocks for the Bluework class recently taken with Linda Hunter at our Guild
- Project 3 – Spring wall hanging kit bought earlier this year. There are three more kits in the series: Fall, Summer and Winter – but they will have to wait for another time.
- Project 4 – Pillow shams to go with the quilt I made my son last Christmas. (He’s been asking me about them for almost a year now – I’d better have them finished by this Christmas.)
- Project 5 – Fall wall hanging: a machine applique project This is a new technique for me. I normally applique by hand.
Can you believe that we’re going to be a the quilt retreat for 3 days.
I probably have enough projects to keep me busy for at least a month!There is always time to quilt!