I’m working at keeping my New Year’s resolution to complete some of the UFO’s that seem to grow in my storage area overnight. The first month of the year is just about over and I have at least completed some of my list (I started with the easiest):
- Watson mystery 2007 and 2009 quilts- binding – Done!
- Seasons wall hanging –
quilting patterns chosen and practice pieces completed
- Autumn Pennies table topper from a class by Kim Diehl and
- organize my stash!
– And now to the more challenging:
Today I did some practice quilting for my Seasons Wall Hanging. I decided to try out my new Clover Mini Iron II “The Adapter Set”. (A Christmas gift from my son.) One of it’s accessories is a hot knife tip that works beautifully when making stencils.
Next I practiced some free motion quilting on some 15-inch muslin sandwiches. Now I’m ready to start the actual quilting on my quilt top.
Goals for next month are:
– UFO’s – finish the quilting on this top as well as the binding
– New: guild projects – fat quarter quilt and sample block for 2011 raffle quilt.